How EDVOS can support you
You are not alone
Help is available
It’s NEVER your fault
It’s your right to live free of violence
We provide a range of services to help you:
- Family violence safety planning
- Specialist family violence support for women, children and their animals
- Case management
- Personal safety initiative program
- Intervention orders
- Court support
- Housing assistance
- Financial assistance
- Primary prevention programs
- Education and training programs
If you find it hard to communicate in English EDVOS staff are able to arrange an interpreter for you. Interpreter services are free of charge, however in order to cancel interpreter services, 24 hours notice is required.
- Our empathetic staff are trained in family violence case management. They will:
– listen to you
– believe you
– provide information and support
– help you develop a safety plan so you can remain in your own home, or help you find a safe place to stay
– help you support your children, keep them safe and prioritise their wellbeing
– contact support services you may need such as legal, counselling and financial
We operate in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region across the Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Knox, Monash, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges municipalities.
What to do if you need help:
- If you are in immediate danger call 000 and ask for the Police
- If you live in the eastern metropolitan region of Melbourne, contact EDVOS on 03 9259 4200 Monday to Friday 9am-8pm or Saturday 9am-5pm
- If after hours, contact Safe Steps on 1800 015 188 24/7 or visit: safesteps.org.au
- Tell someone you can trust – a family member, a friend, a neighbour or your doctor
EDVOS acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of this land and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. EDVOS pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
EDVOS acknowledges people from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, their children, pets and other animals, who are responding to family violence in the community.
EDVOS respects all people who are responding to family violence, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation.