How EDVOS can support you
You are not alone
Help is available
It’s NEVER your fault
It’s your right to live free of violence
We provide a range of services to help you.
- We prioritise the safety of women and children
EDVOS has staff that speak the following languages:
* Arabic * Cantonese * Fijian * French * German * Hindi * Indo * Fijiian * Kiswahilli * Korean * Malay * Malayalam * Mandarin * Ndebele * Nuer * Polish * Punjabi * Shona * Spanish * Tamil * Telugu * Urdu * Xhosa * Zulu * Filipino * Greek * Italian * Sinhalese * Vietnamese
If you find it hard to communicate in English ask our staff to arrange an interpreter for you. Interpreter services are free of charge, however 24 hours notice is required for cancellation.
- Our empathetic staff are trained in family violence case management. They will:
– listen to you
– believe you
– provide information and support
– help you develop a safety plan so you can remain in your own home, or help you find a safe place to stay
– help you support your children, keep them safe and prioritise their wellbeing
– contact support services you may need such as legal, counselling and financial
We operate in Melbourne’s eastern region across the Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Knox, Monash, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges municipalities.
What to do if you need help:
If you are in immediate danger call 000
Contact EDVOS on 03 9259 4200 between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday
Tell someone you can trust – family, friends, neighbours or your doctor